Plaza de Anaya
Universidad de Salamanca
37008 Salamanca (Spain)
- On foot: the Institute is located approximately 200 m away from Plaza Mayor. Leave the Plaza along Prior St. (next to the tourist office) and continue straight on for a few minutes; then you will arrive to Hospedería Fonseca. The entrance is located on the corner, opposite to Campo de San Francisco park..
- By car: check Michelin Guide
- By train: check timetables and fares on Renfe. If you get to Madrid by plane and want to travel to Salamanca by train, take the underground in the airport until Chamartín underground and train station, where you can take daily trains from Madrid to Salamanca.
- By bus: check timetables and ticket fares in AvanzaBus Auto-Res (for travelling to/from Madrid). If you get to Madrid by plane, please remember that from April 2009 AvanzaBus has launched some daily direct buses which connect Barajas Airport and Salamanca at 11.00, 13.00, 17.00 and 21.00 (check the updated timetables in AvanzaBus website). Buses leave from Terminal 1 parking and it is possible to get a ticket in AvanzaBus website (select as origin “Madrid Aeropuerto”). Here is a map to get to the bus departure point in Barajas Airport. Tickets are available online, in AvanzaBus windows, travel agencies and in the airport itself (El Corte Inglés travel agency in T1, 1st floor, in opposite to the international check-in counter).
- By plane (travelling to/from Barcelona): see Iberia website.
Spanish power supply is of 50Hz/220v-240v. Plugs have two round pins (C/E/F type). Adaptors for the plugs are available in any shop in the city.
In Spain there are four main mobile operators: Telefónica Movistar, Vodafone, Orange and Yoigo. Any tri-band mobile phone should work perfectly in Spain, so you can use roaming services with your regular operator (we recommend to check previously the roaming rates established by your national operator). If you are planning to stay longer, consider buying a Spanish prepaid SIM card.